Lawyers in Las Vegas
At Mainor Wirth, our lawyers in Las Vegas represent many clients that have suffered serious injuries from a variety of defective products such as automotive parts, faulty appliances, hazardous toys, unsafe drugs and contaminated foods. Since our attorneys handle only personal injury cases, we have years of experience in all types of personal injuries, including product liability. We can provide legal representation that will help you win your case and receive fair compensation for your injuries.
Defective products that don’t work as intended expose thousands of people to danger each year. Unsuspecting consumers who purchase products that are presumed to be safe suffer serious injuries due to dangerous defects. Lawyers in Las Vegas who handle product liability cases see a wide variety of injuries that are sustained from defective products.
Personal injuries that are caused by defective products are handled under “product liability law.” Strict product liability, the law in most states, allows a legal action to be filed against designers, manufacturers, or sellers that sell any defective product that results in injury. Whether the injury is to the person who purchased the product or to the person who used it, the injured party can file a product liability lawsuit.
Product Liability Cases
Product liability cases encompass a wide range of products. If you are injured by a defective product, you don’t need to prove that the manufacturer was negligent, only that the product was defective. Common product liability cases seen by lawyers in Las Vegas include injuries from defective products including:
- Damaged or Faulty Furniture – According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), over two million people are injured every year from furniture that’s poorly constructed or constructed with cheap materials that break easily.
- Faulty Appliances – Home appliance accidents are responsible for over 150,000 emergency room visits every year. Design flaws, manufacturing errors, and faulty wiring can result in fires, serious burns, electrocution, and death.
- Faulty Automotive Parts – Lawyers in Las Vegas see many serious injuries from faulty automotive parts such as air bags, steering and braking systems, new autopilot systems, and defective fuel lines that contribute to gas explosions and fatalities.
- Defective Power Tools – Power tools are designed to cut through dense materials, so an accident can result in catastrophic injuries like lacerated ligaments and tendons, puncture wounds, eye injuries, amputations and electrocutions. According to the CPSC, over 900,000 people are injured each year in power tool accidents.
- Hazardous Toys – Defective toys injure and kill over 250,000 children each year in the U.S., and 60 percent of victims are under 15 years of age. Common injuries include: bruises and lacerations, bone fractures, puncture wounds, burns, strangulation and suffocation.
- Defective Medical Devices – Lawyers in Las Vegas and other cities have seen a significant increase in defective medical devices like IVC filters, faulty pacemakers, and hundreds of other products that were recalled by the FDA in 2015.
- Unsafe Drugs – Consumers are put at risk every day by unsafe drugs, including prescription and over-the counter drugs that are presumed to be safe. Over 200 drug recalls are issued every year in the U.S. by the FDA.
- Contaminated Foods – Contaminated foods are classified as products and fall under product liability laws. Food poisoning and other serious food-borne illnesses are often caused by eating food that’s contaminated with listeria, salmonella, and E. coli.
- Defective Air Bags –Almost all new motor vehicles are equipped with air bags to cushion the impact of a head-on, side or rear collision. The massive Takata airbag recall is the latest example of defective airbags. These defective air bags and others which have been recalled can cause serious injury or death.
In Nevada, by law, children under six years old who weigh less than 60 lbs must be secured by a child safety restraint. Every year federal regulations become stricter, requiring the manufactures to build greater protection into the restraints. A defectively designed or built restraint can cause more harm than good.
Filing a Product Liability Claim
Defective products can cause serious injuries that result in physical and emotional harm. Injuries can result in pain and suffering, unexpected medical expenses, emotional distress and lost wages. Injuries that result in long-term care, physical disfigurement, or permanent disabilities can also extend to a victim’s family members. At Mainor Wirth, our lawyers in Las Vegas can help you file a product liability claim and provide legal representation that will defend your rights to fair compensation for your injuries.
In Nevada, you are entitled to file a product liability claim for the following:
- Design defects
- Manufacturing defects
- Failure to warn a consumer of a defective product
- Failure to recall a defective product
If you suffer injuries from a defective product, Mainor Wirth can help you recover damages for personal injuries. We understand the complex issues that are often associated with product liability and personal injury cases. Our experienced personal injury lawyers in Las Vegas understand Nevada product liability and personal injury laws. If we don’t win your case and collect compensation for your injuries, we won’t charge you a fee.